The mission and vision of Dunsmuir High School is to provide a comprehensive, rigorous and innovative education. We strive to empower students to think critically as well as obtain and analyze information to effectively synthesize solutions for life’s challenges and complexities. Students graduate from Dunsmuir High inspired to continue learning and motivated to become responsible citizens who contribute positively to society.
Student Learning Outcomes
The staff at Dunsmuir High School is a cohesive, collaborative and engaged team of individuals who are dedicated to providing students with opportunities to take positive risks and experience success with a network of support to guide them through their experiences.
Dunsmuir High School prepares students to:
- Acquire knowledge to think conceptually and critically
- Listen effectively to decipher meaning, including knowledge, values, attitudes and intentions
- Effectively communicate ideas through multiple modalities
- Work independently and collaboratively in an open and responsive manner
- Make ethical and informed decisions that benefit themselves and the community
- Actively participate in community through positive citizenship
- Develop positive practices that promote physical and emotional well being
- Solve problems in both conventional and innovative ways